I love me some Key Lime Pie! I think it’s my favorite of all time so what better way to celebrate Pi Day, March 14th. It’s deliciously sweet and tart combination is surprisingly easy too.
Graham Cracker Crust (you can always use store bought)
- 2/3 cup of finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Combine all three ingredients and mix well.
- Press firmly into the bottom and ¾ a way up the sides of a pie plate.
Key Lime Pie
- ½ cup of key lime juice (usually next to the regular lime juice on the fruit juices aisle)
- 3 egg yolks
- 14 oz. can of sweet condensed milk
- Combine all three ingredients in a bowl.
- With mixer, blend until just smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bakes at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and chill in fridge for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with meringue or whip topping.
@megganspicer on Instagram