Looking for a completely different flavor profile for your Thanksgiving leftover turkey? Substitute chicken with turkey to make this light and flavorful Chicken Tostadas with Avocado Cream Sauce recipe.
- 4 tablespoons of low-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 peeled, ripe avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced green chilis
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded white Mexican cheese mix or crumbled quest fresco
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- In a pan, combine next 4 ingredients and warm under medium low heat.
- Heat the next ingredient (1 tablespoon vegetable oil) in skillet. Add tortillas one at a time. Brown & puff on one side, then flip and repeat each on the other side. Pat each dry with paper towels.
- Place tortilla on a plate. Top with chicken mixture. Then top with vegetables, avocado cream sauce & shredded cheese.