Easy Pie Crust (yield single crust)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
6 to 8 Tablespoons ice cold water
1. Sift flour & salt together.
2. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender (see below image) until shortening pieces are the half size of peas. If you don’t have a pastry blender, you cans use a fork or blend with food processor.
3. Sprinkle dry mixture with two tablespoons of cold water.
4. Mix with clean hands.
5. Repeat until all is moistened.
6. Form dough into a 2 ball.
7. Chill for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Place a ball onto a floured surface & slightly flatten with hands.
9. With rolling pin, roll from the center to the edges from all angles until dough is 1/8 of an inch thick.
10. Turn pie plate upside down & cut dough an inch wider than the pie plate all the way around.
11. Gently fold dough in half.
12. Fold in half again so it’s a quarter of the size of the full circle.
13. Lay into the pie plate. Unfold the two folds until fully opened & push into the edges of the pie pan.
14. Use unbaked or blind baked (pre-baked) per the directions of your favorite pie recipe.
15. Save a slice for me!!!
@megganspicer on Instagram