Though I’ll still continue to share frugal fabulous $5 Family Fun Projects, I’m excited to begin expanding to share much, much more in the near future. One of those being recipes since cooking and baking are hobbies of mine. So since it’s National Dessert Day, what better way to begin to share more than to post a tasty recipe for Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie.
I’ll post a fast & easy pie crust recipe soon but for the sake of this post, feel free to use store-bought, pre-made pie crust.
- 1 store-bought, pre-made pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3 ounces finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/8 cup caramel chips, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Bring pie crust to room temperature. Unroll pie crust and lay into a 9-inch pie pan pressing it into the sides and edges. Any excess crust dough around the top edge, fold under and press.
- Fill the bottom of the pie crust with pecans, chocolate and caramel chips.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until they have a white foamy appearance. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and whisk again until all is well combined. Pour mixture into the pie crust on top of the pecans, chocolate and caramel.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Insert knife into center to make sure filling is set and is no longer soupy. Cover edges with crust protector or aluminum foil to keep from over browning or burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- (personal suggestion) Serve with a glass of milk and enjoy.
Happy National Dessert Day!!!