Valentine’s Choo-Choo – $3
This Valentine’s Day, create a sweet treat in the kitchen with your little engineers…for less than $5. This cooking-free Valentine’s Choo-Choo Train is almost as fun to make as it is to eat.
- Strawberry Wafer Cookies from the dollar store – $1
- White Icing from the dollar store – $1
- Berry-Flavored Gummy Lifesavers from the dollar store – $1
- Household baggie from the kitchen – $0
- Take 5 wafer cookies and trim with a knife as necessary – 2 pieces to create the body of the train, 2 pieces to create the cab of the train & 1 piece (the shortest) to put on top of the cab for a more finished look.
- Fill the baggie with icing, seal and then cut the corner off one of the bottom corners to turn the baggie into a pastry bag.
- Apply icing to hold the wafer cookies together.
- Use icing to hold together and apply gummy lifesaver decorations making the boiler and wheels.
Happy Valentine’s Day from $5 Family Fun!